[FASTCGI] apache restart

Steffen Wendzel cdp_xe at gmx.net
Wed Aug 6 04:13:21 EDT 2008

hi,

since the list is up again, I will try to post my question again.

I develop a fastcgi based application but after I made a few requests I have
to restart the apache using

/etc/init.d/apache2 force-reload

to be able to replace the old executable with the old one.

Example:

$ sudo cp test2.fcgi /usr/lib/cgi-bin/test2.fcgi
cp: regular file "/usr/lib/cgi-bin/test2.fcgi": Text file busy
$ sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 force-reload
$ sleep 2 <-- takes at least two seconds
$ sudo cp test2.fcgi /usr/lib/cgi-bin/test2.fcgi <-- now works fine

Do you have any solutions how to optimize this?

regards
Steffen Wendzel