[FASTCGI] Does the fastcgi work on windows xp using sockets?

Jay Sprenkle jsprenkle at gmail.com
Thu Sep 11 20:28:30 EDT 2008

After much research I believe fastcgi cannot be made to work on
windows when communicating via sockets.

"The WSADuplicateSocket function is introduced to enable socket
sharing across processes. A source process calls WSADuplicateSocket to
obtain a special WSAPROTOCOL_INFO structure for a target process
identifier. It uses some interprocess communications (IPC) mechanism
to pass the contents of this structure to a target process."

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms740478(VS.85).aspx

Since there is no other defined interprocess communications method
between the web server and a fastcgi process there's no generic way
to pass this information.

Can anyone validate this? If so, how do I go about getting the FAQ on
fastcgi.com updated? There seems to be a LOT of confusion on
this issue.

Thanks,

Jay