[FASTCGI] memory leak in libfcgi

Rasmus Andersson rasmus at flajm.com
Wed Apr 22 04:04:35 EDT 2009

Enable core dumping and attach a core dump next time it happens and it
will be much easier to tell if there's a bug in FastCGI or your
application.

I have no problem with 4 000 concurrent connections to an app which is
stateful (i.e. does not shut itself down every N requests like PHP).
No leaks. We're running Debian Lenny.

On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 06:11, Charles McGarvey
<onefriedrice at brokenzipper.com> wrote:
> I'm seeing some sort of memory leak which eventually leads to a segfault
> in libfcgi.  It only occurs under high concurrency (easily observable
> with 500-1000 concurrency).  I'll debug this tomorrow, but I'm wondering
> if anyone else has come across this or could perhaps verify this bad
> behavior.
>
> Thanks,
> Chaz

Rasmus Andersson