[FASTCGI] FastCGI with Oracle

A. M. ArunKumar arun at eagle-india.com
Wed Dec 2 02:14:36 EST 2009

Hi,

I am new to this FastCGI.  I have an issue in connecting to Oracle database
through fast CGI using my C++ program.  I get the error as "Cannot Create
OCI Environment"  The same program works fine without fast CGI.  The issue
happens to be only in FastCGI.

I defined the following SetEnvs to work in cgi-bin

<Location "/cgi-bin/">

  SetEnv ORACLE_BASE "/app/oracle"

  SetEnv ORACLE_HOME "/app/oracle/product/10.2.0/db_1"

  SetEnv ORACLE_SID "DEVPORC1"

  SetEnv OCILIB_INC "/usr/local/include"

  SetEnv OCILIB_LIB "/usr/local/lib"

  SetEnv LD_LIBRARY_PATH "/app/oracle/product/10.2.0/db_1"

</Location>

If I do the same thing for fcgi-bin its not working.

Thanks

Arun