[FASTCGI] FastCGI with Oracle

Rob Lemley rclemley at booksys.com
Wed Dec 2 10:22:29 EST 2009

A. M. ArunKumar wrote:

> I am new to this FastCGI.  I have an issue in connecting to Oracle
> database through fast CGI using my C++ program.  I get the error as
> “Cannot Create OCI Environment”  The same program works fine without
> fast CGI.  The issue happens to be only in FastCGI.

I don't know anything about connecting to Oracle and your description is
a little sketchy.

My  best guess is that your C++ program is not getting the correct
environment variables.  If that's your problem and you're running
internal FastCgiServer (as opposed to FastCgiExternalServer), you need
to pass the environment variables like this:

FastCgiServer  yourapp \
    -initial-env ORACLE_BASE=app/oracle  \
    -initial-env ORACLE_SID=DEVPORC1 \
    -initial-env yadayadayada=etcetera