[FASTCGI] can FCGI_STDIN content length be increased when receivingthe STDIN data?

Martin Chapman chapmanm at pixia.com
Fri Dec 11 22:52:38 EST 2009

Yeah, I did some research and it looks like APR_BUCKET_BUFF_SIZE 8000 is
your limit.  Apache developers did this to align data reads and writes with
system page sizes to maximize performance.  I didn't find a config option
for it because it could hinder performance if you tune it wrong.

In order to correctly increase it you will have to recompile Apache with the
value set to be an exact multiple of 4KB in order to not affect performance
of Apache.  The setting is located in srclib/apr-util/buckets/apr_buckets.h
under the Apache source code.

A link that talks about is at
http://www.mail-archive.com/dev@httpd.apache.org/msg44168.html

Martin