[FASTCGI] Compression

Eddie Carle eddie at mailforce.net
Mon Mar 2 12:32:44 EST 2009

On Fri, 2009-02-27 at 17:00 -0600, Jay Sprenkle wrote:
> The browser and the server negotiate what type of compression they
> will use using HTTP headers. You don't need to implement it at the CGI
> level unless you're doing something unusual.

That is good to know. I shall remove that from my todo list. Do you know
if a lot of the servers will handle caching of their own? Meaning
they'll actually modify the if-modified-since information being passed
to the FastCGI program to coincide with a cached version the web-server
possesses?
--
        Eddie Carle