[FASTCGI] Compression

Jay Sprenkle jsprenkle at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 12:39:34 EST 2009

I think it depends on how you implement things, which server you use, etc.
If the web server thinks the output is programatically generated it doesn't
know if it needs to be recreated or not so it calls the program.
If it's just reading a file it can check the file system datetime stamp to
determine if the client needs a new copy.
You probably want to look at Squid:
http://www.squid-cache.org/