[FASTCGI] Bug on Windows?

Gabriel Petrovay gabipetrovay at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 07:24:13 EST 2009

Hi all,

We use Apache 2.0.63 and mod_fastcgi.so 2.4.0.

the httpd.conf file has the following fragments for fastCGI:

LoadModule fastcgi_module modules/mod_fastcgi.so
AppClass "C:/my_fcgi.exe" -initial-env TEST_VAR=a_value -idle-timeout
3600 -processes 1

We start two instances of apache on two different ports: 8080 and 8081
for example. We also give the value to the TEST_VAR for each project:
TEST_VAR=from_8080 and TEST_VAR=from_8081, respectively. If I issue
the following request in the browser: http://localhost:8080/ (assuming
that my_fcgi.exe returns a page with only the value of the TEST_VAT
variable), I get the following results:

request 1:
http://localhost:8080/
answer 1:
8080

request 2:
http://localhost:8080/
answer 2:
8081

Why is picking mod_fastcgi the wrong my_fcgi.exe. (It is always
happening in an alternate manner.)

Regards,
Gabriel

--