[FASTCGI] Apache forbidden access

Jay Sprenkle jsprenkle at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 15:54:36 EST 2009

I think the web server may not have permission to access the fastcgi script
or directory.
Don't forget it runs as a different user with different permissions than you
do.

On Fri, Mar 6, 2009 at 2:48 PM, Jim McIver <jmciver at lmtribune.com> wrote:

> I'm a newbie.
>
> I have Apache22 and php5 working on Freebsd 6.3 and thought I'd give
> fastcgi a test.
>
> I did a make config on php5 and made sure support for fastcgi was there.
>
> |# /usr/local/bin/php-cgi -v shows:
> PHP 5.2.8 with Suhosin-Patch 0.9.6.3 (cgi-fcgi) (built: Mar  4 2009
> 17:12:49)
> Copyright (c) 1997-2008 The PHP Group
> Zend Engine v2.2.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2008 Zend Technologies
>
> In httpd.conf I added:
>
> ||LoadModule fcgid_module libexec/apache22/mod_fcgid.so
> |<IfModule mod_fcgid.c>
>   AddHandler fcgid-script .fcgi
>   FCGIWrapper /usr/local/bin/php-cgi .php
>
> </IfModule>
>
> <Directory "/usr/local/www/apache22/data">
>
>   Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
>   AllowOverride None
>   Order allow,deny
>   SetHandler fcgid-script
>   FCGIWrapper /usr/local/bin/php-cgi .php
>   Options ExecCGI
>  Allow from all
> </Directory>
>
> Commented out:
> |#LoadModule php5_module        libexec/apache22/libphp5.so
>
> Restarted Apache and got an error on ||mod_fcgid.so.
>
> Went to my ports and did a make install on |mod_fcgid.
> This got rid of the error and apache restarted fine.
>
> When I try see the existing index.php file with a web browser I get:
>

> Forbidden
> You don't have permission to access / on this server.
>
> I comment out the fastcgi stuff and the server displays the page.
>
> Thoughts,
> -Jim

The PixAddixImage Collector suite:
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/pixaddix

SqliteImporter and SqliteReplicator: Command line utilities for Sqlite
http://www.reddawn.net/~jsprenkl/Sqlite

Cthulhu Bucks!
http://www.cthulhubucks.com