[FASTCGI] FastCGI + lighthttpd for Adobe AIR

Veli Ogla Sungutay velisungutay at gmail.com
Sun May 24 20:30:42 EDT 2009

Hi all,

I'm sure you guys are familiar with Adobe's Desktop runtime AIR. Think of it
as the Flash Player working on the desktop with access to the filesystem. We
can
build fancy desktop user interfaces. The problem is that we cannot extend it
with C/C++ libs. So I've been experimenting ways for communication between
AIR and C libraries.

I think a good strategy would be to use a XML Socket server. But do you
think FastCGI + lighthttpd would also be a good solution? It will act as an
application server
for a AIR desktop application. They will all reside in the same desktop
machine.

I appreciate your feedback, thanks!

--
Veli Sungutay