[FASTCGI] Configuration needed for fastcgi setup on lighttpd 1.5

Anil Katragadda akatraga at gmail.com
Mon May 25 08:58:54 EDT 2009

Hi,

I am trying to setup fastcgi configuration on lighttpd 1.5.x . As the older
mod_proxy and mod_fastcgi were replaced in lighttpd 1.5.x with
mod_proxy_core, the old configuration of lighttpd 1.4, won't work. My old
configuration in 1.4.x was looking something like this.

fastcgi.debug               = 0
fastcgi.server              = ( ".fcgi" => (
                                  "grisu" => (
                    "host" => "x.x.x.x",
                    "port" => 11000,
                    "bin-path" => env.SRCDIR + "/tmp/mybin",
                    "check-local" => "disable",
                    "max-procs" => 1,
                    "min-procs" => 1
                  )
                )
                  )

Can anyone help me with a sample fastcgi configuration for lighttpd 1.5?
Please note that my requirement for fastcgi is not for .php, but for C
language binary files. All the examples in lighttpd mod_proxy_core are for
setting up '.php' with fastcgi, but none of them are for C binaries.

I appreciate your help.

Thanks,
AK