[FASTCGI] How to integrate JSP and FastCGI

tarun parihar parihartarun at sify.com
Sat Nov 7 03:45:58 EST 2009

Hi All,

I need to develop a web system which involve scientific computation with lot
of data.
And need to do present the computed result using graphs.

Scientific computation code is developed using C++
Initially I tried using CGI library for executing and getting results.
And JSP for presenting computed result. (as java has rich and easy support
for that)

But it takes lot of time to respond as computation is complex.

The computation can be devided in to parts-
1. Commen compution to initialise and populate huse datastructures. (takes
more time)
2. Request specific computation using already populated datastructures.
(takes less time)

I am thinking to use FastCGI for this such that first part of the
computation is done when FastCGI process starts and when user give a
request, second part of the computation will be done. And hence he will get
a faster response.

I have no idea how to make it work. I am stuck here. Can anybody guide me
how I should proceed?

Your help will be most appreciated.

Regards,
Parihartarun