[FASTCGI] FastCGI as a Filter?

tbandrowsky tbandrowsky at treatyist.com
Sat Oct 24 23:52:55 EDT 2009

I'm trying to make heads or tales of whether or not Apache 2 supports
FastCGI as a filter.  Basically, I want to have a bunch of files with a
particular extension in a directory all get passed through to my FastCGI
application rather than get spewed out directly.  I've read that one
does not need filters to do this, although clearly, filters look like
they would be a pretty elegant approach. Can I do this sort of a thing
with Apache, or am I just banged and should use something like Sun's web
server?