[FASTCGI] Apache 2.2.13 Server on Windows + FastCGI

sauda.furkhana at wipro.com sauda.furkhana at wipro.com
Wed Sep 2 23:19:39 EDT 2009

HI,

I could finally get Apache working with my sample code mentioned here.

Thanks, Will Hawes - for sharing the latest dll with me!!

Now when I deploy one of my other applications there seems to be problem
in the way environment variables are read in FastCGI.

Basically, I'm converting a CGI application of mine to FastCGI. And the
code which has getenv()'s does not work as expected in FastCGI.

For example,

If the URL is http://localhost:8080/cgi-bin/ALEXwin/alex?ac=toolbar

QUERY_STRING in CGI retrieves "ac=toolbar" where in FastCGI retrieves as
(NULL)

SCRIPT NAME in CGI retrieves "/cgi-bin/ALEXwin/" whereas in FastCGI
retrieves as "/"

I'm looking out for a solution for the same; may be I will I have to
modify getenv() to work inline with FastCGI.

Any help would be highly appreciated!!

www.wipro.com