[FASTCGI] FastCGI still a smart choice in 2010?

Rob rclemley at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 21 10:42:44 EDT 2010

C++: Together with djb's daemontools, we have machines running hundreds
of FastCgiExternalServers written in C++ connected via Unix Domain
Sockets to a single apache2 instance.

We can restart apache without disturbing the fastcgi backends and we can
restart individual backends without disturbing apache or the other backends.

With FastCGI, we could also run the FastCgiExternalServer backends on
different machines if necessary.

These tools are simple, modular and flexible.