[FASTCGI] (4)Interrupted system call: unable to connect to cgi daemon after multiple tries

Fernando Morgenstern contato at fernandomarcelo.com
Sat Apr 24 18:27:40 EDT 2010

Hi,

I'm running the following setup under a high traffic website:

apache 2.2.15
PHP 5.2.13
mod_fastcgi 1.4.6

I have lots of messages like this one on my error log:

(4)Interrupted system call: unable to connect to cgi daemon after multiple tries: /usr/local/apache2/cgi-bin/php.fcgi

And users complaining about 500 http error.

It starts right after apache is up. Could someone tell me why this happens and if there is a way to fix it?

Best Regards,

Fernando Morgenstern
contato at fernandomarcelo.com