[FASTCGI] A junior question

Daniel Lo wilburlo at gmail.com
Tue Aug 31 13:28:55 EDT 2010

FastCGI cannot perform as a webserver.  FastCGI provides a basic interface
similar to
a webserver, but allows the background program to continue running in
between requests.

Many newer frameworks such as Mongrel, Passenger and other "MVC"ish
frameworks provide
webserver like capabilities.

-daniel

2010/8/31 Omar Li <vicpli at yahoo.com.cn>

>  Hi , All ,
>

> I’m a junior for FastCGI and have a basic question.
>
> I look at some websites which say that FastCGI is not only a performance of
> fast CGI but also could perform as a web server.
>
> I don’t know it is a right argument ?
>

>  thanks.
>
> Omar

We must make the world honest before we can honestly say to our children
that honesty is the best policy.  -Bernard Shaw