[FASTCGI] How to configure fastcgi with lighttpd

silverburgh silverburgh.meryl at gmail.com
Sun Feb 21 11:28:48 EST 2010

Hi,

I am trying to configure FastCgi with ligttpd server.

I was able to run vanilla lighttpd like this: ./lighttpd -f lighttpd.conf

And then I compile/install the source of fastcgi, and I add the
following in my lighttpd.conf:

fastcgi.server = ( "/fastcgi_scripts/" =>
      (( #"host" => "127.0.0.1",
         #"port" => 9091,
         "check-local" => "disable",
     "bin-path" => "/usr/local/bin/cgi-fcgi",
         "docroot" => "/" # remote server may use
                          # it's own docroot
      ))
    )
But lighttpd won't start after I add the above.

Can you please tell me how can I run fastcgi with lighttpd? I want to
use a c program with fastcgi with lighttpd.

Thank you.