[FASTCGI] How to configure fastcgi with lighttpd

Matthew Weigel unique at idempot.net
Mon Feb 22 13:40:54 EST 2010

On Mon, 22 Feb 2010 09:52:45 -0800, silverburgh
<silverburgh.meryl at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thank you.
>
> I read that article, but do I need to start FastCGI on my local
> machine?  I tried and I get missing application pathname:

The FastCGI list isn't really the right place to get help with how to
configure lighttpd's FastCGI module.

That said, it does indeed look like you're not specifying a pathname
as noted in the Lighttpd mod_fastcgi docs I linked to last time.
Here's the line you seem to have missed:
# "bin-path": path to the local FastCGI binary which should be started if
no local FastCGI is running

So either a) you specify bin-path, and lighttpd will start that
application
for you, or b) you start the FastCGI server outside of lighttpd and set it
to listen on the port you have configured lighttpd to talk over.
--
 Matthew Weigel
 hacker