[FASTCGI] Problem running ./configure on hosting service

Craig Hilles craigh01 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 2 12:31:56 EST 2010

'm trying to run the makefile to build echo, echo-x, etc.  It worked on
Windows!  But it won't work on Linux.  When I run ./configure I get this:

configure: error: cannot run /bin/sh ./config.sub

I tried searching but couldn't find an answer.  Can anyone help?

I have 3 different hosting accounts, I tried uploading the contents of
fcgi-2.4.0.tar.gz to all 3 of them, and did chmod 775 on configure, then ran
./configure.  It seemed to be doing things ("checking for a BSD compatible
install", "whether gcc accepts -g... yes", etc). I get the same thing on all
3 sites.