[FASTCGI] FastCGI, Comet and Client Link failure

Howard May Howard.May at dialogic.com
Thu Jan 14 10:37:49 EST 2010

Hi Jay,

I start a new comet connection after I accept a FCGX_Accept_r returns a FCGX_Request with a URL of "http://<my server>/new_comet_connection_please". I can then send chunks down this connection using FCGX_FPrintF. I do not call FCGX_Finish_r for this request because I want to leave the HTTP transaction open for further data.

So fastCGI is giving me access to a new HTTP transaction and the FCGXFPrintF function allows my fastcgi application to send chunks to the web server (Abyss at present) to pass to the remote Client. So far so good. My problem is that at some point the TCP connection to the Client may die and I don't at present have any way of detecting this.

Cheers