[FASTCGI] Newbit questions about PHP

Aron Szabo aron at aron.ws
Mon Jan 18 16:39:03 EST 2010

Hi!

Well if you handle the incoming files with PHP using FastCGI than the
file will be created with the permissions of the running php interpreter.
But you can can create a php script file like "avatar.uphp" and add a
handler for them. After that you can use spawn-fcgi.

Check this guide out:
http://www.cyberciti.biz/tips/rhel-fedora-centos-apache2-external-php-spawn.html

So here:

/usr/bin/spawn-fcgi -c /httpdjail -a 127.0.0.1 -p 9000 -P
/var/run/php-cgi.fastcgi.pid -u apache -g apache -- /usr/bin/php-cgi

You have fcgi daemon that listens on port 9000 for requests.

After that you have to set apache to send the request and receive
response from your fcgi daemon:

AddHandler php5-fastcgi .uphp
FastCgiExternalServer /webroot/http -host 127.0.0.1:9000

Aron Szabo
Pointless Software
http://pointless.hu/