[FASTCGI] very low performance

Тарасов Евгений tarasove at list.ru
Tue Jan 26 13:45:56 EST 2010

> FastCgi is overkill for serving static images or static pages. It's not for serving dynamic pages or images. \

And for what fastcgi is?

> The overhead should NOT be 2 seconds per page in any case.

I hope it is my mistake.

> I don't know Haskell, but my guess would be that the file read and write is inefficient,
> or you're just seeing startup lag.

I did requests many times manualy and with ab tool, so it is not startup lag.

> Here's what I'd try:
> Profile the code or write to logs with timestamps
> Change the code to return a string instead and see if the string takes 2 seconds. This will tell if it's the image or the > setup.

I've tested such application that outputs simple html directly from string constant in programming language. This string should be in memory when program is working. But static html with similar content still 2 times faster than fastcgi program! I've tested it with ab. Although where is no 2 seconds, performance lost is evidently.