[FASTCGI] very low performance

Evgeny Tarasov tarasove at list.ru
Wed Jan 27 07:05:40 EST 2010

Hello, Igor, thank you for detailed explanation!

> Since you've done very badly in programming your first FastCGI app,
> you're making the server to run through steps 1 to 6 PLUS FastCGI
> overhead which in the first time is significant. That's why
> you have such a bad performance out of a sound technology.

But I'm afraid that my program has the loop. 'runFastCGIConcurrent' function listen webserver's requests and launches 'cgiMain' for each one.

Network.FastCGI module uses not different processes for processing requests but posix threads.

I have checked my program's behaviour, it can serve many requests in some time with 'FastCGIConfig -maxClassProcesses 1' option in webserver's config. There is only one myprogram.fcgi system process with immutable pid in that time.