[FASTCGI] Is dissasembly of fcgi files possible?

Bryan White nicktook at gmail.com
Thu Mar 11 13:34:39 EST 2010

On Thu, Mar 4, 2010 at 10:00 PM, Gero Oñativia •̪● <geronimox at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi list, i've purchased a NAS, and it can be administrated via web.
> All configurations are done sending Get and Post requests to fcgi files in
> cgi-bin folder.
> Ive detected that the web administration GUI is incomplete, because many
> options that are not present at the gui can be set manipulating the get and
> post requests.
>
> To enhace te features of my nas, im writing a php class to comunicate with
> cgi files of the nas.
> Bu i think that there are more options to access via POST/GET than i can
> reverse engeneer from the web admin gui.
>
> So the question is.
> Is there a way to dissasemble or decompile a fcgi file?
> Ive tryed opening the fcgi files but thay are not readable.

FastCGI apps are just programs, they may have been written in a lot of
different languages.  Your ability to disassemble them is more or less
tied to the authors chosen language.  Note: the web interface will
most likely not give you access to the executable.  For that you will
need some other type of access to the box such as an SSH login.

--
Bryan White