[FASTCGI] mod_fastcgi catch all ?

Rénald Casagraude rcasagraude at interfaces.fr
Fri Sep 10 12:04:11 EDT 2010

Hi,

On 10 sept. 2010, at 17:22, Fabrice Bacchella wrote:

>>> And it's enough to have fastcgi sends all queries to remhost. Shouldn't an Action, AddHandler be needed ?
>>
>> Sure it is !
>
> But it's not. fastcgi catch this directory altough I don't ask it do so.

I wanted to say : "Sure it is if you want to *easily* filter queries :-)"
mod_FastCGI handle every thing that resolve to the filename specified after FastCgiExternalServer directive

> There is no Alias,

Ok

> CgiAlias

Not necessary

> or AddHandler in my configuration.

Ok

> Even not Options +ExecCGI.

Not necessary

In fact the only need for you is to resolve what you want to handle to the path specified by FastCgiExternalServer, eg :

<VirtualHost *>
  DocumentRoot /my/doc/root

  # /my/fcgi/bin/dir/ doesn't need to exist
  Alias /fcgi/ /my/fcgi/bin/dir/
  AddHandler php-fastcgi .php
  Action php-fastcgi /fcgi/php.fcgi
  # therefore /my/fcgi/bin/dir/php.fcgi doesn't need to exist
  FastCgiExternalServer /my/fcgi/bin/dir/php.fcgi -socket /my/path/to/php-fcgi.sock
</VirtualHost>

Regards,
Rénald