[FASTCGI] random .dll loading error when running fastCGI

Joe neverchicken at gmail.com
Tue Sep 28 09:50:20 EDT 2010

Good day.

I got random loading error like this:
[Tue Sep 28 08:35:46 2010] [error] [client] FastCGI: server
"C:..../test001.fcgi" stderr: install_driver(ODBC) failed: Can't load
'C:/Perl/site/lib/auto/DBD/ODBC/ODBC.dll' for module DBD::ODBC: load_file:A
dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed at

The environment is Windows XP Pro, Apache 2.2.10, SQL Server 2005, FastCGI
and Perl.

When this error appears, refreshing the page or whatever cannot solve this
problem while other pages are fine. When refreshing, I can see the server
generates the same log. The server can never load this particular script
successfully. After restart server, it might happen to other scripts once in
a while, which makes debugging is impossible to me.

Very appreciate if anyone can share some experience or point me to some