[FASTCGI] FastCGI not working on Linux (Red Hat)

Muneeb A. Shakoor muneebhere at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 02:54:01 EDT 2011

Hi all!
My product is cross platform (Win/Linux/AIX/Solaris/HP-UX) (using C/C++). I
have recently switched to FastCGI from trivial CGI. I have developed the
FastCGI app for windows successfully. Now when going to port the code to
Linux, I successfully gone passed the compilation phase (both my code and
the libfcgi.so). Then I configured and built apache with FastCgi module
(mod_fcgid) and added int the http.conf file as,

<IfModule fcgid_module>
    FcgidMaxRequestsPerProcess 10
    FcgidMaxRequestLen 1073741824

    <Location "/cgi-bin/mainapp.exe">
        SetHandler fcgid-script
    </Location>
</IfModule>

Before that I also built mod_fcgid as separate Load Module and added
LoadModule mod_fcgid in conf file.

In both cases apache starts fine but the browser throw 503 error.

Any help is welcomed.

--
Thanks,
Muneeb Abdul Shakoor,