[FASTCGI] FastCGI not working on Linux (Red Hat)

Majed Al-Dolaimi majed.aldolaimi at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 07:56:36 EDT 2011

Muneeb,
I am no expert, but allow me to give you some hints.
inside the Location clause add the line "options +execCGI".
Make sure you have set the permissions of the cgi program file correctly,
r-x-r-x at least.
Make sure that the file extension is *.exe or remove it. Usually linux
binaries don't have extensions.
try this
<Location "/cgi-bin/mainapp">
setHandler fcgid-script
Options  +ExecCGI
</Location>

The 503 error (which is service not available) hints that apache did not
find the exact file name "mainapp.exe" ... (maybe).
Hope it works for you. (don't give up, fastcgi works on linux)

Dolaimi