[FASTCGI] tuning mod_fcgid on apache servers

kevin at rabbitdesign.co.uk kevin at rabbitdesign.co.uk
Mon Oct 22 05:28:35 EDT 2012

Some questions for the following errors:

[Mon Oct 22 10:00:12 2012] [warn] [client 109.104.93.106] (104)Connection reset by peer: mod_fcgid: error reading data from FastCGI server
[Mon Oct 22 10:00:12 2012] [warn] [client 109.104.93.106] (104)Connection reset by peer: mod_fcgid: ap_pass_brigade failed in handle_request_ipc function.

I have scanned the web, but it just gets more confusing as to how my config should be - I need some expert advise

1) Where can I look for more information on the error - these appear to be generic 'go-away' messages. Can I list processes on the server and x-ref against settings in the conf file.
2) Is there a logfile somewhere that would tell me - max processes reached / max i/o reached etc.
3) It always seems to be the same script that fails (process mail bounces) even though the mailbox is empty - therefore my assumption is that it's doing the same amount of work each time. It's like the script runs and works a couple of times especially after a 'reconfig all', but then the FCGID processes / tasks run out of memory / steam so the next time it runs - it fails until it finds a new fresh task

As a relative newbie - please excuse any initial 'stupid requests/ questions'

Regards
-------------------------
Kevin Littlewood

The Rabbit Patch Ltd