[FASTCGI] How to retrieve POST data using perl fcgi

Mike Chen tiger2king at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 01:57:53 EDT 2012

Hi,

I am using Apache 2.0, fcgi and  PERL 5.8. I use POST method in my HTML
form to submit data. On my server side, where can I retrieve posted data?
Here is my server side PERL code snippet:

while (my $q = CGI::Fast->new) {
   $post_data = <STDIN>;
}

I got nothing back from STDIN. I have hard time to find document about
CGI::Fast API. I went through this list's archive articles and FAQ. I did
not see an answer.
I would really appreciate any help (with some code snippet). Thanks!

Peggy