[FASTCGI] install mod_fastcgi to apache

Janus Troelsen ysangkok at gmail.com
Thu Apr 18 04:05:52 EDT 2013

Why are you compiling yourself? Are you not using a distro with
prepackaged binaries?

Anyway, mod_fastcgi has been pretty much deprecated in favor of mod_fcgid.

If you use Apache 2.4+ you don't even need any mods, because
mod_proxy_fcgi was added. It doesn't work for UNIX sockets, though. I
think the mod_proxy_fcgi approach is the nicest, because process
spawning doesn't belong in Apache anyway. For example, I am using
Apache 2.4 with PHP-FPM (which does the spawning).

On Ubuntu, you can just apt-get install libapache2-mod-fcgid, and then
"a2enmod fcgid".