[FASTCGI] FASTCGI - How to Debug C++ fastfcgi

Jay Sprenkle jsprenkle at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 13:05:38 EST 2013

You can approach this in several ways:

1. Write an application that calls your fastcgi process and tests it.
2. Use load testing and automation software to do this.

If you want to try out a free testing package this one looks like it might
work for you:
http://www.pushtotest.com/web-testing-with-selenium-pushtotest
You could install the proxy and record an interaction with your web page.
You can then use the recorded script to load test and test the functions of
your fastcgi app.

I am not affiliated with them and can't speak from experience about how
good selenium is.
I've been told second hand that it works well.

On Tue, Jan 8, 2013 at 2:44 AM, Joana Santos <jsmsvalverde at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm new in fastcgi/cgi development and i'm new in c++ development too.
>
> The IDE i'm using is eclipse.
> I'm using apache2 web server installed in one XUbuntu virtual machine.
>
> In my FastCGI i'm using *fcgi_stdio* .
>
> Sometimes i get internal server error in my fastcgi script and if i go to
> apache log i don't find enough information to locate my error.
> I think my problem could have something about memory allocation.
>
> If i create a console application project and put my classes there all
> works fine.
> But when i call my classes from the fastcgi sometimes i receive an
> Internal server error.
>
> I would like some help to :
>
>  - debug my fastcgi script and be able to simulate GET, POST and PUT
> requests (i'm developing an web application that submits ajax requests.)
>
>  - how to catch this kind of error in my fastcgi and treat it.
>

> thanks,
> Joana

---
*http://xkcd.com/1156/*