[FASTCGI] FastCGI with std::stringstream

Neil Rao neilrao42 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 19 15:42:57 EDT 2013

Hello,

It seems I cannot use FastCGI and stringstream in the same project, despite
the examples.

The moment I include the following:

#include "fcgio.h"
#include "fcgi_config.h"

I get the following error:

error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public:
class std::basic_istream<char,struct std::char_traits<char> > & __thiscall
std::basic_istream<char,struct std::char_traits<char>
>::seekg(__int64,int)" (__imp_?seekg@?$basic_istream at DU?$char_traits at D@std@
@@std@@QAEAAV12 at _JH@Z

I also have the following other headers (could something be conflicting?):

#include <string>
#include <curl/curl.h>
#include <mimetic.h> // a free mime library
#include <sstream>

This is my code:

std::stringstream ss;
ss << somedata;
ss.seekg(0, std::ios::end); // error here, along with tellg() and read()

I'd appreciate any advice that will point me in the right direction.

Thank you,

Neil