FastCGI news, 9 May 1996

Mark Brown (mbrown@OpenMarket.com)
Thu, 09 May 1996 17:30:37 -0400

To: fastcgi-developers@OpenMarket.com
Subject: FastCGI news, 9 May 1996
Date: Thu, 09 May 1996 17:30:37 -0400
From: Mark Brown <mbrown@OpenMarket.com>

1. We've set up a web site, http://www.fastcgi.com/, for all
   information on FastCGI -- Open Market and other servers,
   all the application libraries, etc.  Those of you who have
   been part of the pre-announcement Developer's Program and
   using the "saluzzo" website should switch to the new one;
   saluzzo will go away soon.

2. We've converted from a manually-administered email list to
   a majordomo-administered email list.

   The name of the new list is fastcgi-developers@openmarket.com.
   Please direct your messages to this list, as I've done here.
   The old list will disappear soon.

   If you know someone who'd like to be on the list, have them
   send email to fastcgi-developers-request@openmarket.com
   with a message body consisting of the word "subscribe"
   (leaving out the quotes).

   If you'd like to remove yourself from the list, send email
   to fastcgi-developers-request@openmarket.com
   with a message body consisting of the word "unsubscribe".

   The next step along these lines is to get hypermail up.
   The hypermail repository will be accessible from
   http://www.fastcgi.com/mail/.

3. There have been couple of noteworthy changes in what's available
   on the FastCGI web site over the past few days:

     * New license terms.  We've cut down the legalese considerably.
       There are *no* restrictions on the use of FastCGI source code.
       We've patterned the terms after those of the successful Tcl
       distribution.

     * FastCGI code for NCSA 1.5.1 httpd.  The next NCSA server
       release will have FastCGI support nicely built in, but if you
       want to get a head start you can pull sources from both places
       and build the server yourself.

More to come,

    --mark