Re: FCGI and Apache
Mon, 13 May 1996 13:47:09 -0400 (EDT)

Date: Mon, 13 May 1996 13:47:09 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: FCGI and Apache
To: Paul Mahoney <>

> I haven't yet figured out why "Unix Domain communications" (named pipes)
> aren't working. I'm running SCO Enterprise System Release 5. Has anyone
> else figured this one out?

Under Linux 1.99.2 and Apache 1.1b2 you need to do a "chown nobody /tmp/OM*"
on the Unix Socket files to get it to work.  The /tmp/OM_* files are
created by the top-level process, but when the children who run as user
nobody try to connect to the Unix socket they get a permission denied
error.  Not sure if this is your problem, but it sounds like it could be.