Re: FCGI and Apache

Dan Cradler (dcradler@clp.com)
Mon, 13 May 1996 11:55:06 -0700 (PDT)

From: Dan Cradler <dcradler@clp.com>
Subject: Re: FCGI and Apache
To: mbrown@OpenMarket.com (Mark Brown)
Date: Mon, 13 May 1996 11:55:06 -0700 (PDT)

Mark Brown wrote:

>     I haven't yet figured out why "Unix Domain communications" (named pipes)
>     aren't working. I'm running SCO Enterprise System Release 5. Has anyone
>     else figured this one out?
>
> In a message on Thu, 9 May 1996, Felix Gallo asked
>
>     Why are unix domain sockets (not existent in several very popular
>     SVR3 Unix variants, such as SCO 3.x.x) included but named pipes not?
>
> This may be a clue.  Perhaps SCO doesn't implement Unix Domain
> sockets, but also doesn't give a nice clean failure when you
> create the socket.  Are there any SCO experts on the list?

According to the Man page unix(ADMP) Unix Domain Sockets are
supported in SCO OSE 5. Perhaps you have a permission problem with the
path where the socket is being created. I haven't tried FCGI on SCO yet
but I will in the next few days. I will post to the list if I get it to work.

Dan Cradler             Contractors Labor Pool, Inc.      http://www.clp.com
dcradler@clp.com            "Quality workers for                info@clp.com
702-785-2000                quality contractors"                800-CALL CLP