Re: FCGI and Apache

Mark Brown (mbrown@OpenMarket.com)
Mon, 13 May 1996 17:22:01 -0400

To: James Cooper <pixel@tiger.coe.missouri.edu>
Subject: Re: FCGI and Apache
Date: Mon, 13 May 1996 17:22:01 -0400
From: Mark Brown <mbrown@OpenMarket.com>

    wow..that did work...hmmm..does that mean that my server
    configuration was amiss?  I'm guessing that's where the problem is
    since it's working from command line, but not from apache

Are you starting your Apache server as root, then using "User httpd"
or whatever?  If so, you should use the

    chown httpd /tmp/OM*

work-around discovered by Rasmus.

If you run your server from inetd then the module won't work at all.
"ServerType inetd" is a definite no-no.

Perhaps you should try starting with a really minimal Apache server
config and working up from there.  If you get a really short one that
still doesn't work, post it and maybe someone can spot the problem.

    --mark