Re: ncsa patch help

Brandon Long (blong@uiuc.edu)
Thu, 16 May 1996 13:45:31 -0500 (CDT)

Subject: Re: ncsa patch help
To: mbrown@OpenMarket.com (Mark Brown)
Date: Thu, 16 May 1996 13:45:31 -0500 (CDT)
From: Brandon Long <blong@uiuc.edu>

Last time, Mark Brown uttered the following other thing:

> Thanks for the NCSA config info.  What I'm really looking for, I guess,
> is a *complete* but minimal NCSA server config that gets the server
> up with the sample FastCGI apps.  That way somebody can check that they
> got the build more-or-less correct, without any interactions with
> an existing, more elaborate, config they might be using.

I added the following lines to get FastCGI working on my development
server: (to srm.conf)

FCGIScriptAlias /fcgi-bin/ /local/etc/httpd/fcgi-devel-kit/examples/

AppClass /local/etc/httpd/fcgi-devel-kit/examples/tiny-fcgi -listen-queue-depth 10 -processes 2
AppClass /local/etc/httpd/fcgi-devel-kit/examples/tiny-fcgi2 -listen-queue-depth 10 -processes 2

For the release, I added the following to the srm.conf-dist file:
#===========================================================================
# OpenMarket's FCGI Support Options (http://www.fastcgi.com/
# FCGIScritpAlias: Same as ScriptAlias, except for FCGI scripts
# Format: FCGIScriptAlias fakename realname

FCGIScriptAlias /fcgi-bin/ /usr/local/etc/httpd/fcgi-devel-kit/examples/

# Define the AppClasses. These get hit when requests come in for
# /fcgi-bin/tiny-fcgi.fcgi or /fcgi-bin/tiny-fcgi2.fcgi
AppClass /usr/local/etc/httpd/fcgi-devel-kit/examples/tiny-fcgi -listen-queue-depth 10 -processes 2
AppClass /usr/local/etc/httpd/fcgi-devel-kit/examples/tiny-fcgi2 -listen-queue-depth 10 -processes 2

Brandon

--
 Brandon Long         "I think, therefore, I am confused." -- RAW
 HTTPd/SDG/NCSA	  I violated the Communications Decency Act ... or will.