FCGI and FilterData

rasmus@madhaus.utcs.utoronto.ca
Thu, 16 May 1996 19:46:40 -0400 (EDT)

From: rasmus@madhaus.utcs.utoronto.ca
Date: Thu, 16 May 1996 19:46:40 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: FCGI and FilterData
To: fastcgi-developers@openmarket.com

I have read over the documentation on the StartFilterData() call in the
fcgi library.  I don't quite see the benefit in my case.  The way PHP/FI
works is that it gets the filename of the html file to parse from Apache,
or in the case of the CGI version, right from $PATH_INFO.  Then it
mmap's this file directly and goes through and parses any PHP/FI script
tags that it finds and producing HTML on stdout.  It of course also reads
any POST data from stdin and parses any GET data from the rq->args,
or the $QUERY_STRING in CGI mode.

The StartFilterData() seems to expect the HTML file to have already been
read and the way I understand it, it simply allows me to read the file
from stdin (once I have read other stdin POST data).  What do I gain by
this?

-Rasmus