Re: authorizer??

Mark Brown (mbrown@OpenMarket.com)
Fri, 17 May 1996 14:25:14 -0400

To: bpm@techapp.com
Subject: Re: authorizer??
Date: Fri, 17 May 1996 14:25:14 -0400
From: Mark Brown <mbrown@OpenMarket.com>

    I've read the docs about setting a fcgi role to be an authorizer
    by setting an AuthorizeRegion flag in the server config file.  Is this
    possible on the ncsa server?  I rewrote tiny-authorizer in perl and
    found that the tiny-perl-authorizer & tiny-authorizer are not
    receiving the REMOTE_USER or REMOTE_PASSWD variables.  Is this because
    I have not made the httpd server send the correct role?  How do I do
    this?

The NCSA server does not implement the Authorizer role at this
time, and neither does the Apache module; perhaps someone will
contribute an implementation.

The docs that mention the AuthorizeRegion directive are specific
to the Open Market server.

Thanks for the Monty Python example!

    --mark