Re: FCGI and Apache ... on SCO Enterprise System Release 5

Paul Mahoney (ptm@xact.demon.co.uk)
Fri, 17 May 1996 17:29:44 +100 (BST)

Date: Fri, 17 May 1996 17:29:44 +100 (BST)
From: Paul Mahoney <ptm@xact.demon.co.uk>
To: Fastcgi Developers <fastcgi-developers@openmarket.com>
Subject: Re: FCGI and Apache ... on SCO Enterprise System Release 5

On Mon, 13 May 1996, Dan Cradler wrote:
> Paul Mahoney wrote:
> >     I haven't yet figured out why "Unix Domain communications"
> >     aren't working. I'm running SCO Enterprise System Release 5. Has anyone
> >     else figured this one out?
> >
> According to the Man page unix(ADMP) Unix Domain Sockets are
> supported in SCO OSE 5. Perhaps you have a permission problem with the
> path where the socket is being created. I haven't tried FCGI on SCO yet
> but I will in the next few days. I will post to the list if I get it to work.

If finnally found some time to see why fcgi refused to work for SCO. I
had to make the following change in libfcgi/fcgiapp.c

Replace line
    } else if (sa.in.sin_family == AF_UNIX) {
with
    } else if ((sa.in.sin_family == AF_UNIX) ||
               (sa.in.sin_family == 0))
    {

I don't know if it's a bug in SCO or that the value of the "family"
component of an incoming connection is not defined, but with SCO I found
that sa.in.sin_family = 0 when using Unix Domain Sockets... which is
treated as an error by the code and the connection is closed.

---
Paul Mahoney, X-Act Solutions Limited
smail: Owlsmead, Meads Road, Little Common, Bexhill-on-Sea, East Sussex TN39 4SY
email: ptm@xact.demon.co.uk ... pmahoney@cix.compulink.co.uk
phone: +44 424 846368