Re: FCGI_PROCESS_ID variable

Mark Brown (mbrown@OpenMarket.com)
Mon, 20 May 1996 14:00:08 -0400

To: Patrick Walsh/VGI <Patrick_Walsh@vanguard.com>
Subject: Re: FCGI_PROCESS_ID variable
Date: Mon, 20 May 1996 14:00:08 -0400
From: Mark Brown <mbrown@OpenMarket.com>

    We don't seem to be seeing the environment variable FCGI_PROCESS_ID.
    We are starting multiple instances of a server managed FCGI program.
    We are using the AppClass "-affinity" option as well.  Any ideas?

Are you sure you are looking in the *initial* environment?  The
process ID is sent only in the initial environment, i.e. the
variables present at process startup.  The process ID is not sent
with every request.

Run the program examples/fastcgi-echo as a Responder with -affinity
and the variable should show up.

If you are still running a server from the beta the
variable might not be there; it was a late addition.  If
you are running a beta, please junk it and get the current
server.

    --mark