FastCGI with Perl/CGI.pm

Ben Davenport (bpd@Princeton.EDU)
Sat, 8 Jun 1996 01:26:28 -0600

Date: Sat, 8 Jun 1996 01:26:28 -0600
To: fastcgi-developers@openmarket.com
From: Ben Davenport <bpd@Princeton.EDU>
Subject: FastCGI with Perl/CGI.pm

Just joined the mailing list, so sorry if this is a FAQ -- there's still no
e-mail archive on www.fastcgi.com.

I'm having problems getting environment variables.  I'm using the compiled
Perl5 version for Solaris 2.4 on the fastcgi web site, along with the
Apache web server and fastcgi module.  The behavior I'm seeing is that the
%ENV array in Perl is empty -- thus the SERVER_NAME and REMOTE_HOST
environment variables in the sample hello world program produce nothing.

Does it have something to do with the following warning in the sample script?
# This needs to be run with a version of perl that has been installed
# it well not work out of the build area.

Thanks,
Ben

--
Ben Davenport   <bpd@princeton.edu> (609) 258-8597