Re: mod_fastcgi performance problem

Nigel Metheringham (Nigel.Metheringham@theplanet.net)
Wed, 19 Jun 1996 18:38:42 +0100

From: Nigel Metheringham <Nigel.Metheringham@theplanet.net>
Subject: Re: mod_fastcgi performance problem
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 1996 18:38:42 +0100

} I wrote....
} dlu@bsdi.com said:
} } I'm not sure why the infinite timeout doesn't work, but it seems to
} } cause the server to hang.
}
} I have it working with an infinite timeout (ie NULL pointer as last
} argument to select).  No problems seen under SunOS 4.1.3.  I believe
} that different unices handle the select arguments differently...

Actually this isn't entirely true.... it works most of the time, and
then it all stops working... and then it might work again.  Its
independant of the server, it appears to be affected by something
else...

An strace of the apache process shows that it is hanging in select -
I don't think it completely emptied its buffers the previous time
round.  I have changed the timeout to one second, which works better,
but this should be fixable.

BTW the sockets created in /tmp have rather dangerous permissions:-
	srwxrwxrwx  1 www             0 Jun 19 18:02 /tmp/OM_WS_3.611
	srwxrwxrwx  1 www             0 Jun 19 18:02 /tmp/OM_WS_4.611

a chmod could be added there....

	Nigel.

--
[ Nigel.Metheringham@theplanet.net   - Unix Applications Engineer ]
[ *Views expressed here are personal and not supported by PLAnet* ]