Re: Apache Remote FastCGI app ?

Mark Brown (mbrown@openmarket.com)
Tue, 25 Jun 1996 11:16:44 -0400

To: fastcgi-developers@openmarket.com
Subject: Re: Apache Remote FastCGI app ?
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 1996 11:16:44 -0400
From: Mark Brown <mbrown@openmarket.com>

Hiren Hindoccha asks:

    The FastCGI document talks of a remote FastCgi app.  How does
    one configure it in srm.conf? There is no documentation which
    describes how to have a remote app.  For eg, how can I take the
    tiny-fgci.fcgi app and run it on a remote machine
    (say Y) when my apache server is running on a machine (say X) ?

You would start tiny-fgci on machine Y using the -start
option to cgi-fcgi (running cgi-fcgi from a shell).

You would connect to tiny-fgci by running cgi-fcgi as a cgi
script under the Apache server, using the -bind option.
mod_fastcgi does not include direct support for remote
apps.  (The Open Market server does include such support.)
See the cgi-fcgi manpage for full details.

    --mark