Re: FastCGI, Netscape Commerce Server, PHP

Roland Siebelink (Roland.Siebelink@allmansland.com)
Wed, 26 Jun 1996 15:48:40 +0200

Date: Wed, 26 Jun 1996 15:48:40 +0200
To: fastcgi-developers@openmarket.com
From: Roland.Siebelink@allmansland.com (Roland Siebelink)
Subject: Re: FastCGI, Netscape Commerce Server, PHP

At 08:26 26/6/96, rasmus@madhaus.utcs.utoronto.ca wrote:

>For Apache, you would need to add something like the following to your
>srm.conf file:
>
>      AddType application/x-httpd-fcgi .fcgi
>      AppClass /usr/local/etc/httpd/fcgi-bin/php.fcgi -processes 4
>      AddType application/x-httpd-fphp .fhtml
>      Action application/x-httpd-fphp /fcgi-bin/php.fcgi
>
>The AddType lines are just another way of adding something to the mime.types
>file, so with Netscape you shouldn't need to worry about these.  You can
>simply add those lines to your mime.types file directly.  The AppClass
>line is handled by the fastcgi Apache module.  You would need the equivalent
>NSAPI module.  Somebody must have written one.  It seems trivial.  If you
>take the Apache mod_fastcgi and combine it with my NSAPI redirection
>module you should have all the pieces to write yourself an NSAPI fastcgi
>module.

Unfortunately, I am not a programmer, so I would appreciate to hear from
anyone who has done this "trivial" task and written the NSAPI redirection
module. The Netscape server does offer some advantages over the Apache
server for our company (even if some of these advantages are more of
promotional than of real nature) so switching seems out of the question
now, be it unfortunately.

--
Roland Siebelink <roland@allmansland.com>
General Production Manager, Allmansland/De Schutter Digital Media nv/sa

Now you can send free faxes in the Brussels area! Send a message to our
auto-responder <faxgateway@allmansland.com> to find out more.