Re: run-time problems

Nigel Metheringham (Nigel.Metheringham@theplanet.net)
Thu, 27 Jun 1996 09:27:12 +0100

To: Robert Spearman <rob@cobaltgroup.com>
From: Nigel Metheringham <Nigel.Metheringham@theplanet.net>
Subject: Re: run-time problems
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 1996 09:27:12 +0100

}
} I have tried to complie fastCGI on Linux, using Apache 1.1b3 and perl
} 5.002, and everything appears to have compiled without any problems.

Did you actually recompile perl with fastcgi, and install at least
perl and the fastcgi module
[slight digression... I didn't wish to risk breaking a working perl
setup, so I did the perl with fastcgi build as usual, ran the self
tests, then installed the new perl binary as fperl, and installed the
fcgi module, which consists of FCGI.pm and 2 or 3 other files
(including a loadable object file - assuming you have dynamically
loadable modules).
To find what needs installing, you can run the perl install script
with a -n option which tells you what it is going to do.  ]

} If I run the program from the command line I get a:
} "Can't locate FCGI.pm in @INC at xxx.fcgi line 16.
} BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at xxx.fcgi line 16."
}
} [this is just the simple counter example program]
}
} (manually copying this file into a perl library directory gives an error
} about not being able to load parts of the module or something like that)

rather more is needed...
/usr/lib/perl5/sun4-sunos/5.002/auto/FCGI
/usr/lib/perl5/sun4-sunos/5.002/auto/FCGI/FCGI.bs
/usr/lib/perl5/sun4-sunos/5.002/auto/FCGI/FCGI.so
/usr/lib/perl5/FCGI.pm

	Nigel.
--
[ Nigel.Metheringham@theplanet.net   - Unix Applications Engineer ]
[ *Views expressed here are personal and not supported by PLAnet* ]