Re: run-time problems

Robert Spearman (rob@cobaltgroup.com)
Fri, 28 Jun 1996 13:05:31 -0700 (PDT)

Date: Fri, 28 Jun 1996 13:05:31 -0700 (PDT)
From: Robert Spearman <rob@cobaltgroup.com>
To: Nigel Metheringham <Nigel.Metheringham@theplanet.net>
Subject: Re: run-time problems

On Thu, 27 Jun 1996, Nigel Metheringham wrote:

> }
> } I have tried to complie fastCGI on Linux, using Apache 1.1b3 and perl
> } 5.002, and everything appears to have compiled without any problems.
>
> Did you actually recompile perl with fastcgi, and install at least
> perl and the fastcgi module

Yes - or at least I tried to using both the usual and advanced recipes.
Perl compiled and installed, but doesn't seem to have FCGI included for some
reason.

> } If I run the program from the command line I get a:
> } "Can't locate FCGI.pm in @INC at xxx.fcgi line 16.
> } BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at xxx.fcgi line 16."
> }
> } [this is just the simple counter example program]
> }
> } (manually copying this file into a perl library directory gives an error
> } about not being able to load parts of the module or something like that)
>
> rather more is needed...
> /usr/lib/perl5/sun4-sunos/5.002/auto/FCGI
> /usr/lib/perl5/sun4-sunos/5.002/auto/FCGI/FCGI.bs
> /usr/lib/perl5/sun4-sunos/5.002/auto/FCGI/FCGI.so
> /usr/lib/perl5/FCGI.pm

I don't have either FCGI.bs or FCGI.so -- which appears to be the main
problem -- where/when are these supposed to be created?

Rob Spearman
The Cobalt Group